The mission of the Student Achievement Center is to provide services to help every student become a caring, inspired health care professional through academic and personal growth.
Support Services offered include:
- “Navigating Your Way Through Professional School,” a quarterly program providing professional and personal enrichment workshops and lectures.
- Various special events throughout the year such as The Career Symposium where our students heard various speakers, do some networking, and get a lesson in business/social etiquette.
- Academic Enhancement Program providing:
- Mentor support
- Individualize academic counselling
- Personalized Action Plan for Academic Success
- Coordinate Tutored Study Sessions: upperclassmen who performed teach a weekly session
- Assistance with arranging peer study groups and one-on-one tutoring
- Time management planning
- Access to psychological services
- “Stress Recess” for and relaxing activities
Dr. Barnhardt began the inaugural meeting last night with a welcome to students from both MBKU’s optometry and physician assistants programs. Here are samples of the programs they produce for our students: