Designed for applicants ready to take on the SCCO’s admissions process, these featured presentations will provide assistance and encouragement! The Admissions Workshop takes place every year in late July, however this year it is hosted virtually.
- Introductions and Program Overview: welcome and a brief overview of the various presentations
- The Application, Admissions Process and Financial Aid Info by Eryn Kraning, Director of Admissions:
- Various aspects of the OptomCAS admissions process and how it unfolds
- What it takes to become a competitive applicant to SCCO’s program
- Primer on the financial aid process for grad students planning to attend SCCO
- Optometry’s Bright Future: SCCO’s Dean, Dr. Jenny Coyle helps to fire you up for the admissions process with her talk about what it will be like to be a doctor of optometry and what the profession has meant to her
- How to Prepare to Interview and Words of Encouragement by Jane Ann Munroe, OD, Assistant Dean of Admissions:
- Various interview preparation tips and tricks to get you prepared for the interview process
- At 26:06 into the video, the features and benefits of what SCCO has to offer optometry students is there for considering SCCO as their program of choice
- Words of encouragement to keep you inspired to persevere through the inherently stressful but very exciting process of applying to optometry school!
- SCCO Student Ambassadors Talk About How They Began Competitive Applicants: A group of your peers discuss how they went about the admissions process
Click on each slide thumbnail, which will take you the corresponding video presentation. It is recommended that you watch the various segments in the order in which they are posted here: