As a recent UCLA grad from the Los Angeles area, Arbi talks about the transition he made from a large undergrad to SCCO, a small private optometry school. Made even more difficult because of the COVID-19 pandemic and quarantine, he also had to adapt to quarantine isolation and remote virtual learning.
His discussion topics include:
- What his class Board does to promote a sense of community within the class even though most learning is conducted virtually
- Clubs he has joined and club activities
- Working with upperclassmen who orchestrate mock clinical proficiencies using schematic eyes and Zoom Breakout rooms
- Finding his roommate and arranged for student housing
- Getting to know various members of the faculty
Click on the image below to watch the video on Vimeo.
Arbi concludes with a discussion about adapting to virtual learning and the importance of using time management skills—and learning new ones.
Quote: “SCCO has an amazing team for everything… they’re doing everything they can to give us the full experience and I really appreciate that.”
Categories: Coping with COVID